Animal Husbandry is one of the rapidly expanding sector playing a significant role in the rural economy by providing gainful employment to a large number of small/marginal farmers and agricultural labourers and raising their economic status. The activities of the Animal Husbandry Department have been oriented towards
- Improving the production potential by way of breed up gradation in Cattle and Buffaloes through Artificial Insemination.
- Providing preventive and curative health care to Livestock through constant vigil on disease outbreaks, rendering preventive vaccinations, deworming and treatment of ailing animals.
- Building awareness among farmers on profitable Livestock production.
- Coordinating with Health Department in controlling Diseases of Zoonotic importance.
- Providing technical support to Livestock based poverty alleviation programmes.