A detailed and comprehensive review of the tribal peoples’ problem was taken up on the eve of the Fifth Five Year Plan period. The main objective of ITDA is socio-economic development of tribal communities through income generating schemes allied with Infrastructure Development programmes and protection of the tribal communities against exploitation.
The ITDA project areas are generally contiguous areas of the size of a Tehsil or Block or more in which the ST population is 50%; or more of the total. Due to the demographic profile of the tribal people in these regions. Andhra Pradesh and Orissa have opted for an Agency model under the Registration of Societies Act and the ITDPs there are known as ITD Agencies (ITDAs).
ITDA HEAD QUARTERS :
Establishment of ITDA under the Society Registration Act : 1974-75
- 1st at Khammam 1974-75
- Shifted to Paloncha 17-12-1979
- Shifted to Bhadrachalam 09-02-1993
Tirbal Sub Plan Area MANDALS – 29 (Scheduled Area)
- Out of (46) Mandals in Khammam District, (29) Mandals fully and (2) Mandals partially covered under TSP area of ITDA Bhadrachalam.
- Bhadrachalam Division : 8 Mandals
- Paloncha Division : 10 Mandals
- Kothagudem Division : 11 Mandals
- Partly covered Mandals (Sathupally & Penubally)
- Total (904) Villages are covered in TSP Area
Modified Area Development Approach MANDALS – 3 (ST Population – 2.45%)
- Tirumalayapalem, Kusumanchi and Nelakondapally mandals are covered under MADA.
- (14) Villages from the above (3) mandals.
CLUSTER MANDALS – 2 (ST Population – 0.74%)
- (5) villages in Two Mandal i.e. Sathupally and Penubally mandals are covered under CLUSTER.
PTG MANDALS (Part of TSP area) (1.4% Population)
- Kondareddy, the Primitive Tribals living in (66) Villages of (6) mandals known as PTG mandals.
- Kunavaram (Bhadrachalam Division)
- Chinturu (Bhadrachalam Division)
- V.R.Puram (Bhadrachalam Division)
- Velairpad (Paloncha Division)
- Aswaraopeta (Paloncha Division)
- Dammapeta (Paloncha Division)
- Out side the TSP Mandals in the District are known as DTG Mandals.
- All the (17) Mandals of Khammam Division are covered under DTG.
- Area of the District : 16,029 Sq.Km.
- Area of the Tribal Sub-Plan : 12,175 Sq.km.
- % to Dist. area : 76 %
- No of Revenue Divisions in the District : 4
- No of Revenue Divisions in TSP Area : 3
- Total Tribal Population in the District : 6.83 Lakhs
- Total Tribal Population in TSP Area : 5.61 Lakhs
Sub caste wise ST Population in the District
Lambadas : 3.29 Lakhs
Koya : 3.14 Lakhs
Yerukula : 0.20 Lakhs
Kondareddies : 0.10 Lakhs
Yanadhi : 0.07 Lakhs
Other unspecified ST’s : 0.03 Lakhs
Total : 6.83 Lakhs
|Population (In Lakhs)||
|Geographical Area (In Sq. KMs)||